The Culture Scan provides direct insight into the motivational drivers and values of the entire organisation (as a whole), every department and each individual team member.
The overview helps to analyse the current working culture and provides actionable insights to improve the internal collaboration, to resolve and avoid emotional conflicts, predict future behaviours, reduce short term sickness absence, lower employee turnover and retain talent.
About the Culture Scan
Analysing the current working culture by retrieving a company’s leading motivational drivers and its values
It is impossible for senior management to determine its working culture. In the end, every company is its people. Therefore, assessing and accumulating the shared believes and values of every employee working in the organization and retrieving the motivational drivers provides valuable insight into the current organizational culture.
There are many ways to describe an organizational culture. The most commonly used model is the four box culture model created by Cameron & Quinn. This model identifies four possible culture types that can exist within an organization:
- Clan Culture
- Adhocracy Culture
- Hierarchical Culture
- Market Culture
As the Culture Scan helps you to assess which values are associated most strongly with the current working culture, aligning these values with the motivational drivers to which they belong helps you to reveal the dominant motivational drivers of the organization and to analyse its current working culture.
- A Clan Culture will score high on the social drivers ‘Relatedness’ and ‘Personal Growth’
- An Adhocracy Culture will score high on the social drivers ‘Personal Growth’ and ‘Independence’
- A ‘Hierarchical Culture’ will score high on the social drivers ‘Status’ and ‘Certainty’
- A ‘Market Culture’ will score high on the social drivers ‘Status’ and ‘Personal Growth’
Valuable insights that help to clarify why an organization and its employees react, behave and perform as they do, to resolve existing and avoid potential emotional conflicts in the future, to improve internal collaboration, to retain talent and lower employee turnover, and to minimize short-term (sickness) absences.
About the Culture Scan
Direct insight into the motivational drivers and values that are dominant within the organization
The Culture Scan provides valuable insights that help to answers questions such as:
- What drives us and makes us tick as an organization?
- What do we long for deep down inside when we fulfil our role and collaborate with each other?
- Which values and fundamental beliefs govern our behavior?
- Which situations fulfils us the most and motivate us from within to engage?
- What situations do the exact opposite?
- What behavior is logical to expect from us as an individual, team, department and/or organization based on what drives us?
- And what is not?
- What does this say about our current working culture?
- To what extend are our preferred behaviors aligned with our corporate goals and objectives?
- Which desired behavior is not logical to expect and needs to be stimulated actively?
- Which preferred behaviors are inappropriate and need to be avoided?
- Which leadership style is best for our team, department and/or organization?
- What should be paid extra attention to when attracting new employees?
- To what extend does the current situation fulfil the strongest motivational drivers and values of our people?
- How does this effect the intrinsic motivaton of our people to fulfil their role and collaborate the best they can?
- How does this influence the short-term (sickness) absence and employee turn-over?