Job Coaching & Career Guidance
Help your clients find true fulfilment and succes at work
All human behaviour is goal-oriented: we all see the world around us through the lens of our own motivationals drivers and underlying emotional needs. And we are all driven from within (intrinsically) to satisfy them. The meaning of our behaviour can therefore only be understood when we are familiar with our strongest motivational drivers and most important values.
Retrieving the motivational drivers that your clients and/or employees have developed -mostly unconsciously and over time- to create certainty at work, provides more insight into the silent engine behind the happiness and success they experience at work. It reveals what they strive for when they are fulfilling their role, performing their work or collaborating with their colleagues. And helps you to understand what it is that they long for deep down inside, and what they need most to experience a true sense of fulfilment and to be motivated intrinsically to peak or collaborate.
Valuable insights that help to explain what made them feel the way they feel, why they react or behave as they do, and how they have come to the results they achieved until now. But most importantly of course, is that it serves as a clear blueprint and concrete checklist to improve a current situation at work, -or to help them find a new role/job- that fulfils their strongest emotional needs and truly makes them happy and successful.
CREATE A CLEAR BLUE PRINT AND A CONCRETE CHECKLIST TO HELP YOUR CLIENTS/COLLEAGUES FIND TRUE FULFILMENT AND SUCCESS AT WORK.
A concrete approach in 5-steps
1. Assess your client's motivational drivers
- See at a glance what makes your clients/colleagues Tick in their work
- Discover their strongest emotional needs and inner desires
- Reveal what they need most in their work and from others to experience true fulfilment, and to be motivated intrinsically to perform and collaborate at their peak
2. Analyse the current situation
-> If your aim is to improve the current situation at work:
- To what extent is he currently able to live by his most important values?
- To what extent does the current situation fulfil his or her strongest motivational drives?
- Which emotional needs are being fulfilled?
- Which emotional needs remain unfulfilled?
- How does this affect the fulfilment he experiences at work, and his intrinsic motivation to peak?
- How does this affect his overall performance?
- How does this affect his collaboration with others?
-> If your aim is to help him find a new role or a different job:
- Which values does he need to be able to live by in his new role?
- Which motivational drivers and emotional needs need to be fulfilled?
3. Predict the outcome of future scenarios and new or alternative situations
- Make accurate predictions about future scenarios and the extent to which a an alternative situation or new job, role and key duties enable clients or employees to live by their most important values and fulfil their strongest motivational drivers.
4. Explore your options
-> If your aim is to improve your client’s/colleague’s current situation at work:
Focus on the motivational drives and underlying values that are not being fulfilled in the current situation:
- What can be done differently to fulfil these lacking emotional needs?
- What can he himself do?
- What can others or his superiors do?
-> If your aim is to help your client/ colleague find a new job, role and/or key duties:
Verify whether the new job, role and/or key duties you have in mind for him or her match with his or her strongest motivational drivers and most important values:
- Which values will he or she be able to live by?
- Which motivational drivers will be fulfilled?
- Which emotional needs remain unfilfilled?
- How will this affect the fulfilment he or she will experience in this new role or position, as well as his or her intrinsic motivation to perform at his or her peak?
- Based on this, how likely is it that he or she will be successful in this new role or position?
Use the overview of your client’s strongest motivational drivers and most important values as a blueprint and a concrete checklist to work towards the ideal situation -or to help him or her find a new role or position- that will make him truly and structurally happy and successful because it fulfils his inner drive and strongest emotional needs.